[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader and SetFileNames

manzohar lancia58 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:55:15 EDT 2013

Hi

This is what I do now. The problem is that I got a directory with more than
one series. I coded an application that parses the DICOMDIR file ( has the
information which files belongs to which series ) and I wanted to use the
SetFileNames but it didn't work. What I do now is that after parsing the
DICOMDIR file I copy the files for a selected series to a temporary
directory. That directory name I forward to the SetDirectoryName and it does
work, but I don't like coping the files it takes couple of seconds to copy (
some series have hundreds of files ) and it's a workaround. Is there away to
use the "SetFilesNames" method of the vtkDICOMImageReader ? Or although I
Can compile and link it is not operational ?

Thanks
Zohar