[vtkusers] VTK Modularization and Modernization post

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed May 29 14:16:54 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Laurence Griffiths
<lgriffiths.aero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> You mentioned the need for feedback on vtk6-rc1:
>
> There are some vtk filters in the paraview vtk branch that are not in the
> "vtk" release. Such as vtkSurfaceVectors and vtkPlotOnSortedLines.
>
> Is there any plan to move these to the vtk6 release? It seems a bit odd to
> have them floating in a vtk directory of paraview, and not be a part of vtk.

ParaView contains quite a few extensions to VTK, some of them are very
specific to ParaView and some are considered experimental. If there
are specific filters that you would like to see the ParaView team move
to VTK we could certainly bring them up on the list, although they are
unlikely to make VTK 6.0 this late in the RC cycle for both ParaView
and VTK. I don't know the filters you mention very well, and so would
defer to others who know them better.

Marcus