[vtkusers] Image to Camera Coordinates

Umer Rafi umer.rafi at rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 28 10:00:44 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

  I am new to VTK and rendering. What I want to do is to render a depth map of a scene from VTK and for each pixel in the depth map I want to compute its actual distance to camera rather then the normalized z values in the range 0-1. At the moment I am able to generate depth maps with normalized z values but I am really interested in converting the z-values to actual distances from camera but I don’t know how to proceed. I will really appreciate any help and especially a sample code snippet to get me started.

Thanks in  advance.

Regards
Umer