[vtkusers] null vtkRenderWindow with CMake

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Mon May 27 04:54:59 EDT 2013

I am switching over to vtk6. Following a recommendation to use COMPONENTS
argument in CMakeLists causes access violation at run time.
Namely, QVTKWidget::GetRenderWindow() crashes at line win->Delete(); due to
win being null. The function is called from my main window's constructor:

vtkOpenGLRenderer *renderer = vtkOpenGLRenderer::New();
qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(renderer); //crash

If I don't use the components (but rather link all modules), there is no
crash. Way of invoking VTK:

#FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED COMPONENTS vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL
vtkGUISupportQt vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL vtkRenderingQt NO_MODULE)
FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED COMPONENTS vtkGUISupportQtOpenGL)

I am using vtk git master. How can I resolve this crash? Or should I just
link all modules?

Regards,
Dženan