[vtkusers] Computing normals to lines when using vtkMarchingContourFilter

Sandhitsu Das sudas at seas.upenn.edu
Wed May 22 15:47:50 EDT 2013

Resending this hoping someone will answer -- seems like  simple thing that someone ought to know about.

I have a 2D binary image out of which I am generating a contour for the boundary using vtkMarchingContourFilter.
It seems it won't compute the normals at each point on the contour. Even vtkPolyDataNormals won't do it if I use it on
the output of vtkMarchingContoursFilter. How do I get the normals computed ?

Thanks,
Sandy