[vtkusers] Drawing half a million "vtkParametricEllipsoid"s

VoodooCode MaxSchererMax at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:54:46 EDT 2013

I think I almost got it. I created the map, inserted the spheres and if I can
manipulate each of them independently it should work. Using the actors I can
rotate and scale the objects, but how to access a single sphere to apply its
scaling and rotation?

I added a new code snippet.

//Sample start

	vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource> baseSphere =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkSphereSource>::New();
	baseSphere->SetRadius(1);

	glyph_->SetInput(polyMap_);
	glyph_->SetSourceConnection(baseSphere->GetOutputPort());
	glyph_->Update();

	mapper_->SetInputConnection(glyph_->GetOutputPort());
	for(int i = 0; i < radius.size(); i++)
	{
		//Configuration of the rotation/translation
		vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrix4x4> transformationMatrix =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrix4x4>::New();
		vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrixToLinearTransform> matrixToLinearTransform =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrixToLinearTransform>::New();
		configureMatrix(rotation[i], transformationMatrix);
		matrixToLinearTransform->SetInput(transformationMatrix);
		matrixToLinearTransform->Update();

		vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> actor = vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();

		actor->SetMapper(???);

		actor->SetScale(radius.data);
		actor->SetUserTransform(matrixToLinearTransform);
	}

//Sample end