[vtkusers] Computing normals to lines when using vtkMarchingContourFilter

Sandhitsu Das sudas at seas.upenn.edu
Tue May 21 12:47:11 EDT 2013

This seems like a basic functionality that should be there but I can't find it. I have a 2D binary image out of which I am generating a contour for the boundary using vtkMarchingContourFilter. It seems it won't compute the normals at each point on the contour. Even vtkPolyDataNormals won't do it if I use it on the output of vtkMarchingContoursFilter. How do I get the normals computed ?

Thanks,
Sandy