[vtkusers] Volume Rendering, cell mode, and rotation optimization

Richard Frank rickfrank at me.com
Sat May 18 11:08:38 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a ImageData volume that I'm rendering as cells. When rotating in an OpenGLRenderer, I notice that somewhere in the code there is a heuristic that
lowers the resolution (or something) during a rotation, presumably to increase performance/ GUI responsiveness..

The thing is, even after running on some very "high end" machines / graphics cards, I  have never seen this optimization ever turn off.

It does seem to turn off for some other data that is Points rather than Cells.

If anyone knows "off the top of their head" where / why this takes place or if it is documented, can you point me to it?

I will trace through the code and try to see if I can find and understand what is going on exactly but if someone knows it would save me the time....

Thanks!

Rick