[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer2 ignores lut

bnsteel bnsteel at gmail.com
Thu May 9 19:45:16 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am using the vtkImageViewer2 to view slices of my volume data.  I set my
lut initially and everything is great. I can scroll through the volume and
modify the window and level of the properly mapped images.  It is perfect!

However, as soon as I left click in the ImageViewer2 window (which calls
StartWindowLevelEvent and initializes a vtkImageProperty object), the
beautifully mapped image turns into an 8 bit POS.

Is there a proper way to handle this?

 My next course of action is to comment out the WindowLevelEvent,
EndWindowLevelEvent, and StartWindowLevelEvent  in vtkInteractorStyleImage
and recompile VTK 5.10.

  I have already tried overriding the offending Window Level Events from the
vtkInteractorStyleImage by removing the observers and adding in my own.  My
overrides are not taking.  And bad things happen (heap corruption) if I try
to do anything to the vtkImageProperty object in vtkInteractorStyleImage.

Brooke