[vtkusers] qt 4.8.4 and vtk6 install linux

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:21:19 EDT 2013

Hi I've been unsuccessfully trying to build qt with vtk for a while on
ubuntu 12 ( vtk 6 and qt 4.8.4). First I install libqt4-dev libvtk5-qt4-dev
as said http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials/QtSetup
Then I get the qt source code both downloading the tar file and from git.
Then I run configure -developer-build . Next I rebuild vtk enabling QT
group and shared libs. Finally I try to make the vtk example
RenderWindowNoUiFile but it says fatal error QApplication: No such file or
direcotry, complation terminated.
I really don't know what to do, maybe I have done too many contradictory
things but I have been stuck for days.
Thanks!
Jose

--