[vtkusers] vtkCanvas and "Visualization Toolkit" window

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:44:58 EDT 2013

Hi all.

In my Java application, I am using a vtkCanvas where three
vtkImagePlaneWidgets are displayed, each one cutting a specific section of
my volume (deriving from a medical data set).

At application startup, when the GUI of my Java application is built, I see
for a few moments a pop-up window titled "Visualization Toolkit",
containing my three vtkImagePlaneWidgets. After a second or so,  this
window disappears, and its content is then displayed inside my vtkCanvas,
embedded in the GUI of my application, as expected.

Is the appearance of this window normal? Is there a way to prevent that
separate "Visualization Toolkit" window from appearing, and have the
content displayed directly inside my vtkCanvas?

I am running VTK 6.0 (from GIT) and Java 7 64-bit on a Windows 7 64-bit PC.

Thanks in advance for all your comments.
Best regards,

Marco