[vtkusers] gif animations

Laurence Griffiths lgriffiths.aero at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:12:26 EDT 2013

Hi all,
Has anyone had experience making gif animations with vtk?

I can currently write out a sequence of png files, then use the "convert"
option in image magic, i.e.:

*convert Y01\*.png -loop 0 Y01.gif*

But this requires me to first write all the pngs to disk (of which i have
many), and then delete them again after creating the gif. This is all a bit
messy - ideally I only want to write the final .gif directly to disk.

Failing this, does anybody know another video format which supports frame
by frame viewing (i have tried mpg and avi but without success).

Regards,
Laurence.