[vtkusers] Strange behavior of vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter

Jean-Paul Aben jeanpaul.aben at gmail.com
Fri May 3 12:36:44 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I encounter a strange behavior of vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter.

As example I use two contours. First contour represents a large square
defined at (1,1) and (20,20). Second contour is a smaller square defined at
(9,9) and (11,11).
Distance between slices is 1 pixel. Scaling is set to (1,1,1)

The result is attached as an stl with this email. It looks like one quarter
of the square is strangely meshed.

Is this normal behavior of vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter? How can this be
fixed, I just want that the surface between the contours (in z-direction)
is meshed.

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul