[vtkusers] Master branch build failure with python in debug mode

Alexandre Boucher afboucher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 16:20:18 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am having a build problem with visual studio 10 after pulling the latest
vtk from git.  The project generated from CMake points to the release
library of python instead of the debug version which cause the build to
fail.  Anyone could give a look and see what is happening with my projects?

In CMake I have:

PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/libs/python27_d.lib
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/python.exe
PYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/libs/python27.lib
PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/include

However in the VS-generated project, the linker dependency for the debug
mode points to: C:\Python27\libs\python27.lib

And the build failed. The build is successful when the value is manually
set to C:\Python27\libs\python27_d.lib.

I did not have these problems from previous pull of git.  The change log
from CMake is (from Show My Changes in CMake-gui):

Commandline options:

-DPYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH="C:/Python27/libs/python27_d.lib"
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH="C:/Python27/python.exe"

Cache file:
PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/libs/python27_d.lib
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/python.exe

I am using CMake 2.8.10.1
Any idea what is going on here?

Regards