[vtkusers] VTK's Contour Spectrum is not using Bajaj's B-Spline algorithm?

Xin Tong tongxin829 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:05:58 EDT 2013

Hi,
I realized that the contour spectrum for area computation
function<https://github.com/qsnake/vtk/blob/master/Graphics/vtkAreaContourSpectrumFilter.cxx>in
VTK is not using the B-Spline algorithm that Bajaj described inhis
paper<http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2376&context=cstech>
  .
However, VTK cites Bajaj's paper for this function:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAreaContourSpectrumFilter.html
The VTK function "vtkAreaContourSpectrumFilter" computes the area of
isosurface mesh, which is supposed to be not available in Bajaj's
algorithm. So I am guessing it is not using Bajaj's algorithm.
Is VTK's program going to be more efficient than the B-Spline approach? Or
the problems they are solving are different? I am trying to request contour
spectrum for my data. It will be nice to use VTK's implementation.
Thanks,
Xin Tong
The Ohio State University