[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice and SetSlabNumberOfSlices(int)

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 09:24:19 EDT 2013

Hi Marco,

The way it works is this: vtkImageReslice is creating the slab by
extracting N samples and combining them, where the distance between
the samples is set by the third argument to SetOutputSpacing().  If
the SlabNumberOfSlices is N, then the slab thickness is
(N-1)*spacing[2] where spacing[2] is the z-spacing set with
SetOutputSpacing(spacing[0],spacing[1],spacing[2]).

Slab mode is equivalent to extracting N slices and combining them.

 - David