[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice and SetSlabNumberOfSlices(int)

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 08:01:10 EDT 2013

Hi all.
I am looking at implementing thick reformats through vtkImageReslice.

Even after looking at the documentation, I did not fully understand the
SetSlabNumberOfSlices(int) method. For instance, in cases of an oblique
reformat, what is considered to be a "slice"? What defines the "thickness"
of a single slice, thus determining the total slab thickness resulting from
calling SetSlabNumberOfSlices(X)?

I was expecting a call like SetSlabThickness(...), rather than
SetSlabNumberOfSlices(...).

I would appreciate any comment on this.
Thanks in advance.

Marco