[vtkusers] Can I build VTK w/o Cosmo?

Gerrick Bivins Gerrick.Bivins at halliburton.com
Fri Mar 15 09:12:09 EDT 2013

Hi All,
I have an issue where we have a conflict with Cosmo.dll. I have an application that depends on an "in-house third party" lib named Cosmo. When I
added VTK as a dependency, at runtime, I get unresolved errors with Cosmo depending on what which calling code is executed first and the PATH setup.
On top of that, the application is OSGi based so everything is "lazy loaded"...
Sort of confusing to describe but anyway, I can't change the name of the "in-house third party" lib so my question is two-fold:

1)      Can I build VTK w/o Cosmo (what is Cosmo anyway? importer?)

2)      Can I change the name of the VTK Cosmo library so that it doesn't conflict ? (shouldn't this be prefixed with vtk, aka vtkCosmo anyway?)

3)      Any other suggestions?
Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
Gerrick

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.