[vtkusers] Image on vtkImagePlaneWidget looks darker than in vtkImageViewer2

Marco Sambin m.sambin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:11:43 EDT 2013

Hi Álvaro,

unfortunately not, I did not figure out what was the reason for
differently-looking slice images in vtkImagePlaneWidget (3D view) and in
vtkImageViewer2 (2D view). After setting the same Window/Level on both, the
image on vtkImagePlaneWidget apperas darker than the same image on
vtkImageViewer2. This last one seems to be the "correct" one after
comparison with other viewers showing the same image with the same
Win/Level setting. The image shown on vtkImagePlaneWidget seems a bit too
dark. Not sure if this is related to texture mapping and lighting effects...

Does anyone have any clues on this?

Thanks,

Marco