[vtkusers] Trying to perform boolean union between more than two polydatas

reaper84 sankowski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:16:33 EDT 2013

Hi all VTK users,

I'm trying to combine couple of polydatas to boolean union. I've tried
vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter and it worked great but only with two
polydatas (i found out that vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter  has this
limitation after using it). After that I found example(
http://http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/ImplicitBoolean
<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/ImplicitBoolean>  ) with
vtkImplicitBoolean, added one more sphere and it worked. This is what I
need, but unfortunattely this class require implicit funtion as input and my
polydata is far from it. I checked if there is a way to convert polydata to
implicit function but after reading some posts I couldn't find an answer.
I'll really appreciate some help...for now I'm stuck :/