[vtkusers] compiling vtk with qt4 support

José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:49:48 EDT 2013

hi folks, I have successfully compiled vtk with qt and python support but I
have a small problem, after installing vtk to: c:\vtk, the only way I can
run and example or import vtk from python is by copiying all qt libraries
to the install directory and the examples. I have set the path variable to
c:\vtk\bin and python path to where vtk package lies and nothing, I am
getting a link error when I try to run an example (Win32Cone), is something
like: Cannot find synbol XXX from QtCore or something like that. Also, with
python, when I try to use: import vtk, I am getting a LinkError exception

I am using vtk 5.10.1, Qt 4.8.4 for vs2010, python 2.7.3 and vs2010
ultimate, any suggestions?