[vtkusers] Saving/Restoring Camera settings

Richard Frank rickfrank at me.com
Thu Mar 7 20:21:47 EST 2013

I have code that saves a camera to XML and can also read the XML into a camera and everything is working fine except.......when the image is rendered, I have to make the following hack to get my scene to render with the correct orientation:

Cam->Azimuth(0.0001);
Cam->Azimuth(-0.0001);

With the above code my scene is rendered with the proper orientation; without it, the orientation of the camera is unchanged. I have investigated why I need the above twiddle but do not see a correct or best solution.

I have seen other people's posts about saving/restoring cameras, so I know I'm not the first to have trouble with it, but I have  not seen a solution. I'm in C++.

Any suggestions welcome...

Thanks

Rick