[vtkusers] vtkXYPlotActor limited number of lines?

lisa.la lisa.frauenstein at web.de
Fri Jun 28 14:31:52 EDT 2013

Hallo everybody,

I'm currently trying to plot some properties such as velocity or pressure
with a vtkxyPlotActor. This works fine, as long as the number of objects for
which i want to plot these properties doesn't exceed 50.
It seems as if the xyplotActor is limited to 50 lines per plot..is this true
or does anyone of you know, how to get around this?

To set the data of the actor I create a vtkFieldData for every object, that
contains two vtkDoubleArrays (one array contains the x values, the second
contains the y values).

This fieldData is handed to a vtkDataObject, which is added to the Plot:
		dataObject->SetFieldData(fieldData);
		plot->AddDataObjectInput(dataObject);

As I said, this works for 50 objects but for more objects I get an error in
vtkXYPlotActor, which is having some trouble to find some id.values.

Any help or advise is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Lisa