[vtkusers] actor not showing

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 09:21:28 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM, johnsonjonaris <jgadel2 at uic.edu> wrote:
> Dear All
> I made a pipeline which visualize a set of shapes from a vtkImageData volume
> with integral data (integer values). The pipeline executes but the output is
> not rendered in the rendering window, although I can save the output and
> load it in PARAVIEW.
> Moreover, I know that the actors I create are there since I can probe their
> color property later.
> Please help

I would suggest taking that example that you posted and stripping it
down a piece at a time until it breaks. That is, make the actor use
the data from the very beginning of the pipeline and see if it is
displayed properly at that point. Then add one filter at a time until
it breaks. Once you get it to as small of a case as possible that
demonstrates the problem, we can take a look if you still can't figure
it out. Be sure to generate data programmatically rather than read an
input file as it is much easier to reproduce.

David