[vtkusers] Plane polydata intersection

Laurent Chauvin lchauvin at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Jun 22 14:46:12 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm working on Slicer, and I was trying to find a nice way to display intersection between polydata and a plane.
I read we could use a vtkCutter, but the thing is, I would like to do this interactively. I want to be able to move the plane, and update the intersection while moving the plane.
I'm not sure using vtkCutter for this purpose would work. I think vtkCutter will take some times to execute, then moving the plane will be slow.

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like if there were some update since then. New widgets or object that I could use for that ?

I was thinking using vtkImageReslice, get polydata of the plane and compute the intersection between the 2 polydata, but I think it would also be to computing intensive to be able to do it smoothly with an interactive plane.

Thank you.
-Laurent