[vtkusers] VtkPiston

the_shark mdccnunes at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 03:24:48 EDT 2013

All right! This is for VS2010, win7 64x.

So, I had to get OpenMPI source code and build it.

Then on the CMake all the MPI_* values had to be set manually.

MPI_CXX_COMPILER = C:/OpenMPI/orte/mpiexec.exe
MPI_CXX_INCLUDE_PATH = C:/OpenMPI/ompi/include
MPI_CXX_LIBRARIES = C:/OpenMPI/Release/libmpi_cxx.lib

MPI_C_COMPILER = C:/OpenMPI/orte/mpiexec.exe
MPI_C_INCLUDE_PATH = C:/OpenMPI/ompi/include
MPI_C_LIBRARIES = C:/OpenMPI/Release/libmpi.lib

MPI_LIBRARY = C:/OpenMPI/Release/libmpi_cxx.lib

As you can see above, I had to pass the full path for each lib file, which I
find strange as I already pass the lib path... Also, be aware of the "/" and
"\" in the paths as it actually returns errors...

Also, for the PISTON_INCLUDE I had to pass the root for the source and not
the root for the include folder:
PISTON_INCLUDE = C:\Development\PISTON-master\

Later in VS2010, I added OMPI_IMPORTS to the preprocessor definitions:
Edit Project -> Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ ->
Pre-processor -> Preprocessor Definitions -> Add OMPI_IMPORTS to the list.

Hope this helps,
Shark