[vtkusers] Voxel Respresentation of a Geometric Space

Oliver Posniak oposniak at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 30 06:55:57 EDT 2013

Hi vtkusers,

I'm trying to implement a ViewPlanning for a Scanner and I'm totally new
to VTK . For this I need to Voxelize a specific Space. For example the
complete Space in a Sphere with a specific Voxelsize. For the
Viewplanning I need to set some Parameters to the Voxels if they are
Unscanned or Free. Perhaps I can inherit from vtkVoxel and create my own
Voxel implementation with some additional Parameters.

For the actualization of the Voxels I need to access the voxels
efficiently and change the status of them.

I searched your Documentation and found VoxelModeller but i'm not sure
if that's the Correct way to do this. Because it seems to me that it
Voxelize only the Sphere itself but not the space in it.

I hope someone of you can point me to the right direction for this, or
if this is possible with VTK

Best Regards,
Oliver