[vtkusers] Can VTK be used with Codegear XE4 compilers???

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 29 10:56:41 EDT 2013

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:34:58 +0200, Bo Berglund said:

>I have an old application developed with BDS2006 that needs to be
>maintained. Current development IDE is XE4 level (with 32 and 64 bit
>compilers).
>Is it possible to compile VTK with these compilers?
>
>I ask before trying because when I last tried it with the BDS2006
>compiler it was a nightmarish experience with compilation taking an
>entire afternoon...

2006 was a long time ago.  Wikipedia tells me XE4 was released this year.  It may work better.  I think you'll just have to try it.  I'm not aware of any Embarcadero compilers on the VTK dashboard.  If supporting this compiler is important to you, the best thing to do is set up an automated nightly build of VTK using that compiler.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com