[vtkusers] VTK 6.0 with Visual Studio

Joseph Melnyk JMelnyk at pile.com
Thu Jul 25 14:02:27 EDT 2013

OK.  I tried this and it's now giving the expected behavior of returning a NULL object from the New() call for vtkPolyDataMapper.  The vtkSphereSource allocation and use works fine, however.  This occurs both with and without the AUTOINIT lines.

Previously, I was using a chart/plotting example from the wiki found here: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Plotting/LinePlot.  There, the usage of vtkTable and vtkFloatArray worked fine but it would then give me the previously described access violation exception when I tried to create vtkContextView.

I'm not doing this with CMake, by the way; this is all within VS2008, with VTK6 referenced and linked the way I've always used VTK5.x

Joseph