[vtkusers] creating colortables (and opacity) with 3 scalars, rather than 1

Ruff albin.nilsson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 07:49:57 EDT 2013

Thank you, but unfortunately It looks like the other examples i found. Tied
to every point is one and only one value and regardless of colormap or
lookuptable they only map one value to one color.

Say that i tie value 1 to a color, then i still have the ability of [1,0,0],
[0,1,0] and [0,0,1] if my structuredPoints have 3 separate values to them
(and even more possibilities if the mapping is done with absolute values)
Instead of
AddRGBPoint(value,R,G,B) or SetTableValue(value, R,G,B,alpha)
i would like to have some way of specifying
AddRGBPoint(val1,val2,val3,R,G,B) or SetTableValue(val1,val2,val3,
R,G,B,alpha)

This makes sense to me since vtkStructuredPoints have the method
SetNumberOfScalarComponents()
(Mathematically speaking it is "just" a question of interpolating piecewise
functions in 3-space instead of 1-space)