[vtkusers] vtk 6 - multiple outputs filter

the_shark mdccnunes at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 15 04:52:01 EDT 2013

Hello,

first of all my apologies if this is a repost, but after some time looking
here and on the web I got no complete answers...

What I want to do is a filter that has an input (vtkImageData) and I want to
have 2 outputs of types vtkMultiBlockDataSet and vtkHyperOctree.

my class is now something like

class my_filter: public vtkImageAlgorithm

and I am a bit confused on some stuff...

First of all, in the RequestData() function do I actually have to perform
the SafeDownCast() for the inputs and outputs?

should the outputs in the main function of the type I want or just:
  vtkAlgorithmOutput* tree_output = filter->GetOutputPort(0);
  vtkAlgorithmOutput* mbDs_output = filter->GetOutputPort(1);  ?

thank you for your time. If you have some link explaining the filters in
VTK6 thoroughly, I would be thankful.

Best,
Shark