[vtkusers] Processing large raw(binary) files

Glen mrholmes at yandex.ru
Wed Jul 3 05:17:26 EDT 2013

Thanks for reply.

The program is runnig on Windows 7 (64 bit) with 8GB RAM.
Memory limit of vtkMemoryLimitImageDataStreamer is set to 1GB.

When I am trying to read the same amout of data but splitted into bitmaps
(bmp files) everything is fine and it loads not too long. But with single
raw file I am getting an error "Unable to allocate elements in memory" in
3-5 minutes after process start.

Are there any possibilities to read such a big files with vtk?