[vtkusers] vtkDecimatePro produces repetitive points

Wenlong Wang scc.wwl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 08:18:53 EST 2013

Hi, all

I am tryng to used vtkDecimatePro instance to decimate my model, which has
5k+ points. I've done as follows:

*vtkSmartPointer<vtkDecimatePro> decimate =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDecimatePro>::New();
decimate->SetInput(polydata);          //polydata is my model
decimate->SetTargetReduction(0.9116);          //Decimate the model to 500
points
decimate->Updata();*

However, by carefully examine the resulting points, I found that there are
few points have the same coordinates in all three dimensions, which means
they are actually the same point!

May I know if there is any way I can deal with this?

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Wenlong