[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice

João Domingos joao.sousa.domingos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 05:07:20 EST 2013

Dear folks,

Given the following:

        reslice = vtk.vtkImageReslice()
        reslice.SetInputConnection(self.image_reader.GetOutputPort())
        reslice.SetOutputDimensionality(2)
        reslice.SetInterpolationModeToCubic()
        reslice.SetResliceAxes(axes_matrix_from_vtkMatrix4x4)

I am able to extract the 2D slice I want from my 3D volume, but it is
shortened on the sides and cuts both the right and left side of the volume
(cone). The height of the resulting slice is fine and includes the whole
cone. Imagining the volume is a cube, the resulting slice is a rectangle
(shortened on the sides).

How can I choose the dimension of the resulting slice to include the whole
cone, i.e. basically how can I slice the whole volume?

Many thanks in advance!

Joao