[vtkusers] Is there a widget like vtkDistanceWidget for a single position?

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Mon Jan 14 10:56:13 EST 2013

I am afraid there is no such widget in VTK currently. You may already
notice that vtkPointWidget is still derived from vtk3DWidget, which
means it is using old style widget design. The new widget style is
using vtkAbstractWidget/WidgetRepresentation. Ideally, there should be
a vtkPointWidget2 deriving from vtkAbstractWidget, and a new
vtkPointRepresentation(2D/3D), which could have the features you
desire.

Having said that, the vtkHandleWidget behaves very similarly, and you
may create you own vtkPointHandleRepresentation to do what you want.
vtkPointHandleRepresentation2D will be a good starting-point.

HTH,
Yumin