[vtkusers] Texturation of surface

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Mon Jan 14 04:41:21 EST 2013

Hello

I have stereo setup oft two RGB cameras where i generate a 3 dimensional vtkPolyData surface which works perfect. Now I want to map the RGB images in some way onto this surface which consists of a set of triangles. So I have the vtkPolyData, the pose of the rgb camera(s) (position, viewing direction etc) and the referring 2D image. Does anybody know if there is an existing code snippet or technique to implement this? My idea was to take every camera pose and make a ray casting, and if the ray hits the surface I color those triangle. But it would better to texture it I think, any ideas? (I am not very familiar with visualization techniques)

Thanks,
Gerald