[vtkusers] VTK with WIN8 64bit && VS2012

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Mon Jan 7 08:55:35 EST 2013

Hello,

I have already compiled VTK on Win8 64bit with VS 2012 without any problem!
Could you give some more details on how you are trying to achieve the
compilation?
Which version of VTK? Which version of CMake? And which version of VS2012
do you use?
Reading your mail again, I am not sure if you are trying to compile VTK or
one of your project based on VTK with a binary version of VTK you
downloaded?

Regards,

2013/1/7 ChenDawnWind <cybfly1 at hotmail.com>

> Dear VTK org:
>
> Very pleased when i get to know VTK.
> But when i want to use it in my system, i find it does not work.
> And my environment is *WIN8 64 BIT* with *VS2012*.
> And each time when i try to build the project it showed
> ERROR: This file requires _WIN32_WINNT to be #defined at least to 0x0403.
> Value 0x0501 or higher is recommended.
> Even when i modify the _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0602(in stdafx.h), the problem
> still appears.
> And when i search for help, i found all the source of VTK is 32bit, so i
> want to know what can
> i do if i wanna VTK worked in my environment?
> If you have the solution please tell me about the detail.
> (Maybe from cmake option to build opthion)
> Thank you very much!
> :)
>
> DawnWind.Chen
> CSU