[vtkusers] QVTKWidget only partially redrawing itself on win7 without AERO.

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 04:52:54 EST 2013

Hello,

I used the patch mentioned above and it works as expected on Windows 7, but
there's still some issues if you are on a Windows XP system. If you apply
this patch and use a QVTKWidget on a Windows XP system, there will appear
white blinking areas when you pass over any application window or dialog
(not necessarily a Qt one or from the same application, it occurs with any
window), which makes it really annoying, specially if you are using
diagnostic monochrome displays.

If the problem only affects Windows 7 it should be only applied when we are
on a Windows 7 system, so I made a little modification of this patch to
accomplish this, so the InvalidateRect() call is only made on Windows 7
systems. I've attached a patch with this modification which I tested on
Windows 7 with Aero om/off and on Windows XP as well.

If any of you find this could be done in a better fashion, please share it
so the issue will be fixed for any system with no collateral effects.