[vtkusers] Access polydatas vtkFloatArrays from shader materials

Meister, Martin MM (E F CI C5 5) martin.meister at siemens.com
Fri Feb 22 05:53:49 EST 2013

Hello vtkusers,

I am looking for documentation on how I can access a polydata's float arrays from a shader material.
Is there an example that demonstrates this?

I did a test with a polydata and points float array that I mapped the "normal" way as colours per point. Then I changed to a material phong shader and wonder, how I can get the colours from the array back (applicationuniforms ?). Now, I only see the geometry with the specified "diffusecolor" of the property.

Thanks for any hints,
Martin