[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid - Not rendering Overlapping Cells

Bhanu Hariharan bhanu at petrotel.com
Thu Feb 21 15:41:15 EST 2013

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me how to get around the following problem.

I  have a vtkUnstructuredGrid where 2 cells are occupying the same X Y Z
location in space.
Two cells map to identical 8 nodes. VTK is unable to render such cells.

I have a very simple case with just 2 cells and both cells map to nodes 1
to 8 and I used InsertNextCell to insert them into a vtkUnstructuredGrid as
vtkHexahedrons.
The cells are not being rendered.

Please help. How can I tell vtkUnstructuredGrid to allow identical cells.
Is there a tolerance or flag I can set perhaps?

Thanks very much.
Bhanu