[vtkusers] VTKParametricEllipsoid performance

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 09:39:47 EST 2013

Hi Andrew,
I am contacting you because of the parametric ellipsoid class you created.
It works fine for me with a resolution of 64 in the lines:

        parametricFunctionSource->SetUResolution(1024);

        parametricFunctionSource->SetVResolution(1024);

        parametricFunctionSource->SetWResolution(1024);

        parametricFunctionSource->SetScalarModeToNone();

        parametricFunctionSource->GenerateTextureCoordinatesOff();

        parametricFunctionSource->SetParametricFunction(Ellipsoid);

        parametricFunctionSource->Update();

but when I move to a bigger resolution like 1024 it gets completely
slow. I tried moving to OpenGL mapper and actor but nothing. My
graphics card is an AMD W7000 (fast) so its not hardware problem. What
can I do to tweak it and get a smoother look?

Thanks!

Ignacio Prieto

--
José Ignacio Prieto