[vtkusers] vtkHyperTreeGrid

Brett Tully brett.tully at oxyntix.com
Wed Dec 11 07:23:57 EST 2013

Dear all,

I am assessing the vtkHyperTreeGrid structure for use within an 'in-cell'
AMR based fluid solver and I had some questions:

- This seems to be a relatively new datatype; what are the development
plans for it? (i.e. I/O, stability of API etc.)
- How optimised is it for storage, traversal, creation/copying etc?
- Is there a way to store a user-defined object in the grid (the thought I
had was to create a map with the cell id as the key)
- In your opinion, how suitable is this data structure for simulation
rather than visualisation?

Kind regards,
Brett.