[vtkusers] prop3D always in foreground

Miro Drahos mdrahos at robodoc.com
Mon Aug 19 18:01:16 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I've been scratching my head over this one for some time now, searching
the mailing list, but still don't have a clue:

How do I manually set a z-order of a prop? In other words, I have a prop
(silhouette outline of a surface) that I want to be rendered always in
foreground.
Since this is output of vtkPolyDataSilhouetteFilter, it is rendered via
vtkMapper and vtkActor and not via vtkMapper2D vtkActor2D. I tried to
visualize it via the *2D pipeline since I saw the
SetDisplayLocationToForeground() of vtkProperty2D but it did not render
correctly.

I am thinking I need to traverse vtkCullerCollection
<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCullerCollection.html> from
my renderer, but then what?
The class vtkCuller has only one method declared virtual double
Cull(...) with no definition.

I am kind of lost here and would very much appreciate any advice on this.
Thank you!
Miro