[vtkusers] Error: "No memory left on the GPU even for a minimal block"

David Hope ARA/SED dhope at ara.com
Mon Aug 19 17:17:20 EDT 2013

I am using VTKSmartVolumeWrapper to do some volume rendering and have been running on a computer with an ATI GPU and it has been running fine.

I am running an AMD (ATI) FirePro M8900 (FireGL) Mobility Pro Graphics

A new person coming on the project just started and has a new Dell laptop with an NVidia Quattro Pro in it, and running my software, he gets the following error:
>> ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\vtksource-prefix\src\vtksource\VolumeRendering\vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx, line 5568
>> vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (1520EBB0): No memory left on the GPU even for a minimal block.

I've checked and the computer seems to be running the latest drivers from Dell (311.44)

The version of VTK I am running is from Activiz 5.8.0 (I'm running from a C#.net client), which is the latest version.

Any suggestions?