[vtkusers] One kind of vtkMultiBlockDataSet shows up in VTK 5.7 while not in VTK 6.0

Chao Liang chaolian at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 14 20:42:47 EDT 2013

Hi,

Please attached files. The same code, it works in vtk 5.7 but not in vtk
6.0.
I don't know what the problem is.

Here is what I did in my code:
----------------------
|           |         |
|           |         |
|           |         |
----------------------
As shown above, the data set is two cubes and they share the same surface.
I made a vtkMultiBlockDataSet like this:

along x dir, 4 lines, each line I set it to be a block;
along y dir, 6 lines, each line I set it to be a block;
along z dir, 6 lines, each line I set it to be a block.

Then just as normal, set up renderWindow, renderer, actor etc. Note: I did
add macros in vtk 6.0, and FYI, I did successfully show up another
vtkMultiBlockDataSet, i.e., 2 cubes, but they don't share any surface.

So, my question is : Why it shows up in vtk 5.7 but not in vtk 6.0? Is it
possible somehow vtk 6.0 does not support this kind of vtkMultiBlockDataSet
(i.e., have shared surfaces, points) rendering ?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Chao