[vtkusers] mesh properties from a camera view

picci piccima at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 17:33:08 EDT 2013

Hello All,
I have the following problem.
I need to calculate and possibly save the information about a 3D object
from a determined view.
For example if I have a cube I can get the QualityMesure of the mesh on
the entire object.
I want to calculate the QualityMeasure just on the visible part of the
object, from that camera position.
Then I'd like to save the visible part of 3D object, but not as image,
instead as PolyData so I can still get the QualityMeasure.
Or as MetaImage, but I don't know if I can still get the QualityMeasure
from a MeatImage format.

I'm new with vtk and I still have some problem to use all the data
format of the library.

Thank you very much for your help

I'd like to know how can be your approach at this problem

Marco