[vtkusers] VTK 6.0 .lib file naming convention

Chao Liang chaolian at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 7 21:05:50 EDT 2013

Hi,

I just built VTK 6.0. I found in lib directory, all files' name is ending
with '-6.0', e.g., vtkChartsCore-6.0.lib

I just feel very strange. I want to know if this is true. Or maybe I
compiled wrong?

Another question, it seems from VTK 5.7 to VTK 6.0, a lot of .lib names
change. How can I know which file is playing the same role as before? I
mean, e.g., Are vtkChartsCore-6.0.lib in VTK 6.0 plays the same role as
vtkCharts.lib in VTK 5.7?

Thanks in advance. Any comment and answer is appreciated.

Chao