[vtkusers] algorithm performance

Gerrick Bivins Gerrick.Bivins at halliburton.com
Fri Aug 2 11:08:50 EDT 2013

Hi All,
I'm looking for suggestions on how to speed up an algorithm on large unstructured grids, like vtkCutter.
I thought I could build an octree (or similar structure) from the input  and execute the vtkCutter on the octree
but it's not obvious to me how to do it. Is something like this possible?
How can I improve the speed of the algorithm? Performance seems to go down as cell count grows.
Gerrick

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.