[vtkusers] fails to compile vtk for linux 64

Ilan ilan.tal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:17:28 EDT 2013

Thanks Michal. I've made significant progress since asking but I didn't want
to report until it is 100% working. I'm still having problems that it
compiles but now crashes out of my Java program.

I don't have BUILD_SHARED_LIBS "off" in both 32 and 64 bits. The 32 bit
build has been working for months, so I don't think that part should be
crucial. What does have to be done is set both MAKE_CXX_FLAGS and
MAKE_C_FLAGS to -fPIC. With that it will at least compile OK.

Again, I didn't want to report until it was 100% working and I have still to
reach that point.

Thanks again,
Ilan