[vtkusers] VTK 6.0 static New() function returns NULL

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Apr 18 12:00:00 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Sebastien <sebastien.calvi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Marcus you're right and the wiki helps.... To understand; my problem now is
> that I did not use CMAKE in our project, it is a Qt project...
>
> So, how to have the factory properly set with implemented methods?
> Do I have to use cmake at all cost?
> Isn't it possible to to have the those methods implemented when one compile
> and link the release?

We obviously can't do as much for you when you don't use CMake, and
many Qt projects use CMake as their build system. If you want to
initialize modules yourself you would need to add the compiler
definitions CMake takes care of adding, and ensuring you link to the
correct implementation modules.

Look at the bottom of the wiki page I linked to
(http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration#How_Implementation_Modules_Are_Initialized)
and you can see an example of how we initialize vtkRenderingOpenGL for
the vtkRenderingCore module, the number refers to the number of
modules to enable for that module (1, 2, 3, 4, ...).

Marcus